Thursday, September 8, 2011

Still here...

Not too long ago, I read a quote that said, "Taking time to live life will only inspire your work." Not sure who said it, but I believe it to be true.
My computer had issues yet again, so I found other ways to fill random moments that I would have otherwise spent sitting at the keyboard. Lots of reorganizing and purging on my days off. My scrap studio is slowly shaping up, although I haven't done much creating.
Summer simply slipped away under my feet this year. Just as I was in the throes of enjoying it, it ended. We closed out summer with a weekend camping trip. It was so much fun, I wish it could have been longer.

After that, frantic shopping for back to school ensued, and suddenly I was preparing to send C off to high school. New sneakers, clothes and backpacks filled the house.
Then Hurricaine Irene came along. I worked through the weekend, and slept at the hospital to be sure I could work. Mike weathered the storm at home with the kids. Our roof leaked where the front porch roof meets the foyer, and we were without power for about 36 hours. I have an ugly brown stain on my ceiling to remind me of Irene. We're waiting to hear from our homeowner's insurance. It could have been much worse.
The kids started school after the storm pushed back the first day. We're all still getting used to the new schedules. R has football three or more evenings a week. B, R, J and T have begun soccer. The business can be hectic at times, but the return of routines is welcome.

I'm planning to return to scrapping soon, and hope the time I've spent the past several weeks will only inspire my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was here...