Sunday, July 31, 2011

Time Keeps on Slippin'

slippin', slippin', into the future... (Remember that Steve Miller Band song?)
That's kinda how July was here.

Last week we celebrated my Dad's 68th birthday. It was a great day, with sunshine, blueberry cookies and smiles. I wish I would have taken more pictures on this day, but I had fun helping my mom get the food ready. I think Dad had a good day.



What else did we do?
The big kids stayed a week in Ohio with my in laws. They had a great time. The rest of us back home had fun together , going to a Rock Cats game and building forts in the living room. We were happy once we all were back together, but that was only for a few days.


Then C, R & J went to their respective scout camps, and Mike volunteered a few days.

I made a trip to NYC with Dad. Things are going well for him in the chemo department. I just have to figure out a way to get down to Manhattan without sitting in traffic for hours.



I began the process of organizing and redoing my scrap space. Too chaotic to share yet, but I'm plodding along. I'm trying to do it on a limited budget, so I'm buying odds and ends each week and repurposing things I have around the house. Stay tuned for pictures.



I've made a few projects here and there, but I am really trying to finish up my room before I get too crafty. Here is one layout I did for a July HMITM challenge. I brought some scrap stuff on vacation with me. Love Echo Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was here...