Sunday, April 1, 2012

Providence

I spent the end of this past week feeling bummed about having to work at the hospital Saturday night.
I fretted about how I was going to get enough sleep before and after the 12 hour shift and stewed about giving up a day with the kids.
I felt guilty for secretly hoping I'd be cancelled, knowing the extra money would be great, especially after putting new brakes in our car.

So I decided to reframe my thinking.
I thanked God for my second job, and that I had the ability to work more to provide for my family. I prayed for a positive attitude.
I slept well before going in, and didn't struggle to stay awake. I worked with a great group of coworkers and enjoyed catching up with everyone.
While there, I was offered several shifts for the next time schedule.
Perfect, since it's time to start paying for camps and other activities.
I brought home Sunday morning donuts, like I've done for years.
I slept well today and had a great evening with the kids.

It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was here...